Monster In His Eyes by J.M. Darhower: ARC Review



Title:  Monster In His Eyes
Series:  Monster In His Eyes, #1
Author: J.M. Darhower
Release Date: April 27, 2014



▶▶▶  BUY on AMAZON and B&N ◀◀◀


Ignazio Vitale is not a good man.

I suspect it, the first time I see him, sense the air of danger that surrounds the man. He has a way of commanding attention, of taking control, of knowing what I'm thinking before I even do.

It's alarming and alluring. It's dark and deadly. It's everything I've ever wanted but the last thing I truly need. Obsession.

It doesn't take him long to draw me into his web, charming me into his bed and trapping me in his life, a life I know nothing about until it's too late. He has secrets, secrets I can't fathom, secrets that make it so I can't walk away, no matter how much I beg him to let me go. I see it sometimes in his eyes, a darkness that's both terrifying and thrilling. He's a monster, wrapped up in a pretty package, and what I find when I unmask him changes everything.

I want to hate him.

Sometimes, I do.

But it doesn't stop me from loving him, too.



I get asked a lot why I read when I could be doing a million other things. Books like this! That’s why. All you need to do is read the prologue, and you will be one-clicking this one.  I didn't read this book, I DEVOURED it.

HOLY COW…….. THIS BOOK IS ADDICTING!!!! The writing is smart and brilliant. It draws you in and keeps you captive until the bitter end. The story is nothing short of intriguing and magnificent. The level of fabulousness will leave your head spinning. 

Is it possible to love someone and hate them at the same time??? Well, I think this book more that proved this to be possible………….

Naz is alluring, enigmatic, and simply charming. He’s the spider that waits and waits until his prey is within reach then ensnares it in his web of secrets and power. Karissa is the sweet butterfly caught in the spider's web. Once snagged, there's no getting free. The harder she struggles worse the tangle becomes.

Fascinating… Naz is simply fascinating. He holds an inordinate amount of influence. I love how he is evasive and vague with his answers. He's very intelligent and manipulative when it comes to conversation. It's aggravating and attractive at the same time. He's commanding. He doesn't ask.

Naz’s cool and controlling demeanor had me perched on the edge just waiting for what was to come. He is totally unpredictable and will go from kind to cruel, tender to brutal, beautiful to ugly, and prince charming to monster in the blink of an eye. It’s fleeting, but Karissa catches glimpses of it hidden in his eyes. My heart was racing with a fear and anticipation that loomed while I was waiting for Naz’s next move. He’s a master of manipulation and mind games and possesses patience and control which in turn make him very dangerous. 

Aside from the amazing story, the first thing that struck me was JM Darhower’s writing style. This is my first JM Darhower book, and it certainly will not be my last. The best part of the cake is the frosting right??? Well, this book had the frosting piled on!!! 

This book deserves to be read!!

5 STARS!!!!!


JM Darhower is the author of the New Adult Sempre series (Sempre & Sempre: Redemption), andthe paranormal romance novella, Extinguish. She lives in a tiny town in the Carolinas with her family, where she churns out more words than will ever see the light of day. She has a deep passion for politics and human rights, and when she isn’t writing she’s usually ranting about those things. Chronic crimper with a vulgar mouth, she admits to having a Twitter addiction. You can find her there.


No comments:

 
DESIGN BY: THE BLOG DECORATOR