Burn by Callie Hart: ARC Review


Burn is the third installment in the Callie Hart’s Blood and Roses series.  The series explores the explosive relationship between Sloane, a woman who will do anything to find her missing sister, and Zeth, a mysterious and dangerous man reluctantly helping her.  


Title: Burn
Series:  Blood & Roses, #3
Author:  Callie Hart
Release Date: May 22, 2014




LORIE’S REVIEW

Every time I read an installment of the Blood and Roses series, all I hear in my head is DMX singing Party Up

Y'all gon' make me lose my mind

Up in here, up in here

Y'all gon' make me go all out

Up in here, up in here

Y'all gon' make me act a FOOL

Up in HERE, up in here

Y'all gon' make me lose my cool

Up in here, up in here

Well, well, well……… it’s getting a little personal up in here.  Not only does Zeth continue to surprise me, but so does Sloane.  Sloane gets the chance to put on her big girl pants with Zeth, and OMG does she bring out the big guns!  Sloane’s ignorance of the danger she and Zeth are in fuels her sassy mouth and temper, too.  And, the banter between Zeth and Sloane continues to be both hilarious and HOT!

I swear each installment just gets better and better.  So much so, that I don’t ever want it to end.  When the end finally does happen, I know I’m going to be curled up in a ball crying in the corner.   There really isn’t any other character out there that compares to Zeth. 

Callie continues to throw in surprise after surprise.  The storyline twists when you expect it to turn and zig when you expect it to zag.  The characters all enigmas – you think you know them then BAM Callie throws another bomb at you.  My jaw was constantly hanging open from the shock of everything that happens.  Things you will never see coming are like a punch in the face – you will be left standing there utterly STUNNED!

With each episode, my love of the fact that this is a serial grows exponentially.  Breaking it up just adds to the tone and feel of the overall story – there is so much suspense and action going on. Callie keeps you begging for more, more, more at the end of each installment and literally stalking her for the next episode.  To be honest, I think Callie Hart is a genius for having brought us Zeth and Sloane’s story in pieces.  I know I’m probably in the minority, but certain stories are just destined to be serials and Blood and Roses is certainly one of them.  Admit it…….. reading this as an intact standalone sure as heck wouldn’t have had the same impact.

As usual, the next installment can’t come soon enough!  


OTHER BOOKS IN THE SERIES

Deviant (Blood & Roses #1)

Sloane
I'm not proud of the things I've done.
The things I've had to do.
The things I've given away.
but I'd give it all over again to find her.

Even if i die trying,
I have to find Alexis.

Zeth
She wants me to help her,
But I won't.
She wants me to save her sister,
But I can't.
She wants me to be her hero,
But I'm not a good man.
I am her damnation.


BUY ON AMAZON & iBOOKS


Fracture (Blood & Roses #2)

Zeth Mayfair is pretty much the very last thing I need in my life. And yet with every breath I take he becomes more engrained in every aspect of it:

He has a key to my house.

He knows where I work.

He dumped his strange, mentally traumatized housemate on my doorstep and has driven off into the sunset in search of my missing sister.

I want to forget him. Want to change the locks and blot out his face, scourge his very name from my memory. The problem is that I also need him. I need him more than I need air to breath, and I can’t be without him now.

 He owns me.

He torments me.

 He’s fractured me.

BUY ON AMAZON & iBOOKS

No comments:

 
DESIGN BY: THE BLOG DECORATOR