In Pursuit and Of Happiness by Olivia Luck Reviews






Title: Of Happiness
Author: Olivia Luck
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publication Date: May 11, 2014
Tour: Love Between the Sheets


Edith Neff relocated to Chicago to capture her own piece of happiness. Now bombarded with more change than she knows how to manage, Eddie struggles to pick of the pieces of her torn heart and decimated friendship. 

Standing in the middle of a sidewalk while her (ex?) boyfriend Harris Grant pleads for forgiveness, Eddie's at a loss what to do next. So when her estranged father provides a lifeline - she has no option than to take his offer. 

But Harris won't let Eddie go without a fight. He'll use whatever tactics necessary to win back his girl. While Eddie and Harris find their way back together, darkness lurks, unwilling to relent on destroying their relationship. Permanently. 

Author note: Of Happiness is the conclusion to In Pursuit. Content intended for readers 18+




Second book of Edith & Harris. We have the horrid breakup/cliffhanger in In Pursuit so I was anxious to see if these two are able to work things out. 

I think that Edith takes Harris back to easily but I can also see why she did this is just my opinion. I mean Harris is HOT and so yummy. There are outside factors that help to bring these two back together too.  I do not mean to ever give spoilers away in a review, but it is hard not to with certain books. I again was able to make the movie in my head which to me is VERY important when I read a book. It helps me to be able to think that it is real for the time that I am reading it. Again we have banter and I love that with any story and I was not disappointed. I was happy for our two lovers and drawn into the back stories.  

Harris and Edith's story made me laugh it also made me cry there is a bit in the story that actually had me yelling at my Kindle. Overall this book was much better than In Pursuit, we are able to see the growth of our couple. Also a bit predicable in some parts but it did not take away from the story by any means. 

Another 4.5 rating from me. "...will you end my quest in pursuit of happiness?...." I hope you will enjoy this as much as I did. 




READ BOOK ONE

AMAZON US

REVIEW
We meet Edith "Eddie" & Harris. When we first meet Eddie she is given the nickname Mouse & well I felt that she was a little mousey myself but once she meets Harris she seems to come into her own. This is a very nice Romance, I like the banter that he Author uses for some of the characters & of course there are some twists & turns yet sometimes just a tad bit predicable. I enjoyed the story & if course I was hooked. Eddie is someone who I wanted to get to know better & Harris Oh heck yeah I wanted to get to know him better. Tall, Handsome & Blonde, yes BLONDE. Steel meets Blue & WOW I was hooked. Took me a chapter or two to get into the story but once these 2 meet & he is all broody of course I wanted to know where these 2 were going. We have several other characters involved in this book & I hope that the Author will continue with other books to tell their stories as well. We have Sarah & Greg which are friends of Ed's from DC, we also have Sean & Luke friends of Ed's from Chicago. I think that this should have been just one book. I hate when I get to the end of the book & I am left hanging it makes me want to throw the poor Kindle. So if that tells you anything that is just how involved I was in the story that I had no idea I was getting toward the end & then how it ended I was ready to kick Harris. I hate cliffhangers but I know some people do not mind them at all & actually look forward to them. I know the Authors just want to get the story to us & I am so glad that this Author does. I am one who when I read a book I like to make it into a movie in my head & I was able to do that with this book. No long drawn out descriptions of places & things but it gave just enough as to be able to draw enough of a picture in my mind in order to make the movie in my head. I give it a solid 4.5 Can not wait to see what happens in the second book. Will Harris be able to get his head together, will Edith get her HEA? I sure hope so.


Olivia Luck lives in the middle of America with her loving husband and her obsession with writing. She wrote her first romance novel at age eight. When she's not reading,editing, or writing, you can find her in the kitchen learning to cook. Olivia loves to travel and spend time with her family.
Get in touch with Olivia, she adores emails: olivialuckauthor@gmail.com


Contact Author Here
Facebook ::  Goodreads   :: Blog ::  Pinterest :: Amazon US




No comments:

 
DESIGN BY: THE BLOG DECORATOR