Number Thirteen by Bella Jewel: Review


Title: Number Thirteen
Author: Bella Jewel
Release Date: March 19, 2014
Genre: Dark Romance
**AUTHOR NOTE - This is NOT a BDSM Romance**





Synopsis
We're thirteen girls, captive, slave to our master. A master we've never seen.
 Obedience will become all we know in our shallow existence. It is the only emotion we're permitted to feel.When we're bad, we're punished. When we're good, we're rewarded. Our scars run deep. Yet we survive, because we have to... because HE teaches us to.
 All of us are special, we feel it with everything we are.
 He has us for a reason, but it's a reason we don't know. We've never seen his face, but we know that something deeply broken lies beneath the darkness. With every touch, with every punishment, we know it. Then something changed. He showed me who he truly is.
 Now I want him.
 I'll go against everything I know to be with him. 
A monster. 
My monster. 
Loving him is a sin, but a sinner I am. I won't stop until I see every part of him. Even the parts he keeps locked deep down inside. 
I am Number Thirteen, and this is my story. No one said it was pretty, or right, but it's mine.

When I heard that Bella Jewel was writing a dark romance it is quite possible my squeal could be heard from miles away. I adored her MC Sinners series (I have a weakness for biker books), and one of the things I love about biker books is that they tend to be dark. I will admit it loud and proud...I adore Dark Reads! And the buzz about Number Thirteen before release intrigued me. 
We're thirteen girls, captive, slave to our master. 

And with that single line Bella caught me on her hook. Why thirteen girls? How does one manage to keep thirteen girls captive? What makes him do it? What trials do these girls have to struggle through while held? So many questions run through my head, and the answers were nothing like I expected. Bella managed to take what already seemed to be a different idea and blow me out of the water. 
Number Thirteen wakes up with no idea who she is or where she is. All she knows is that there are twelve other girls and the all have a number written on their hand. Who has them captive? Why do they not see him? Is he a monster? 

This is one of those books that you can't really say too much about without giving away the surprise. I will say that coming out of the story I was only left with one question. Yet again it's something I can't mention...but if you've read the book (or when you finally read it) you'll understand. This book had me gasping in shock and my eyes teared up in the prologue.  

He has us for a reason, but it's a reason we don't know. 

We learn the reason along with the girls, and can't help but feel surprised and shocked. There are many twists and turns in this book, and the reader should be prepared to have problems putting it down! If not for my sleeping pill I would have stayed up all night reading! I will easily give Number Thirteen 4.5 Stars. If you love dark reads, or characters with tragic pasts for the love of all that's holy one-click this book! I received an ARC for an honest review and loved it so much I one-clicked the day it released. I cannot wait to see what Bella Jewel will pull out of her hat next. 



B&N 

Bella Jewel is an Aussie girl through and through. She spent her life in Western Australia, growing up in many different areas of the state. She now currently lives in Perth with her husband, children and mass amounts of pets. She's crazy, fun, outgoing and friendly. Writing is her passion, she started at the young age of 18 but finally got the courage up to publish, and her first novel Hell's Knights was released in August 2013.
Author Social Media Links


No comments:

 
DESIGN BY: THE BLOG DECORATOR