Access Unlimited (Access #3) by Alice Severin: ARC Review


Title:  Access Unlimited
Series:  Access, #3
Author:  Alice Severin
Release Date:  March 29, 2014

♫♪♫♪ BUY ON AMAZON | B&N  ♫♪♫♪




They say you never know someone until you take a trip with them. But this isn’t a holiday – this is the comeback tour for Tristan Hunter. His brilliantly crafted debut solo album is getting a lot of attention thanks to Lily Taylor, the music journalist. She’s there to write up the tour, if what goes on backstage can even be printed. One thing she won’t be writing about is her passionate relationship with the star. They want to make it work, but there are a lot of obstacles to romantic bliss on a tour bus.

AC Clark, the guitarist from Tristan’s old band Devised, is also along for the ride. No stranger to excess, AC has a lot of memories about the bad old days, and he’s ready to share. Lily is learning fast what happens on the road, stays there...but some secrets are too big to hide. And Tristan knows the stage will take everything he has – and push him right to the edge. When past and present collide, it might be a crash no one recovers from…


(This is the third book of the Access Series.  You do need to read Access All Areas and Access Restricted first.  These are not standalone books.  The series is intended to be read in order.)

Now, I remember why I love Tristan and Lily (and AC) so much. Alice takes us behind the scenes and backstage to see what life as a rock star is like on the road and in the spotlight. We get a look behind closed doors at what it’s really like being in love with a rock star when you’re considered an outsider.

This is not your typical rock star story, it’s real. Once again, I didn't feel like I was reading book. It was part blog, part documentary, part Rolling Stone/SPIN magazine article. I feel like I got the real rock star experience, not the watered down or fictionalized version. I learned that living on a tour bus is both interesting and B-O-R-I-N-G. And, that when you are in the music business you don’t really have friends, you have acquaintances. Everyone is out for themselves and wants a piece of you for their own benefit.

Tristan constantly surprised me. He’s a complex, unique, and genuine creature. Never in a million years did I think I could fall in love with him any more than I already had, but Alice managed to do just that. We know Tristan loves Lily, but this time we really get to see the depth of it. I was honestly taken back by how deep his love for her runs, just how much he really needs her, and the way he shows it is just…….. heart melting.

And Lily opened up a bit too. I don’t want to say I wasn’t a fan of Lily before, but she was just so closed off that I never got to see much into her. I can now say I really like Lily’s character – A LOT! She’s just scared and Tristan is the perfect offset for her.

Some might be surprised at what unfolds but honestly the writing was on the wall. I actually liked how it all played out. If "it" didn't happen I'm not sure the story would have been in keeping with who and what Lily and Tristan are. I feel the ending brought Lily and Tristan's story to a close. Personally, I loved the way Alice closed it out. The ending fit Tristan and Lily perfectly. Could there be more??? Sure, but I would content if there wasn't a fourth book.

I will say the first part of the book dealing with life on the road didn’t capture my attention as much as I had expected it to. I even struggled a bit to keep going. But the last half of the book???? OMG, it saved the story for me a thousand times over, it was absolutely wonderful and made me forget about any worries I had when reading the first half.

Alice’s writing is beautiful and special. It’s not something you see every day. Her style adds to the tone and feel of the story. This series is a very unique experience in and of itself. Overall it's still one of the best series I have ever read. When someone asks me what my favorite rock star series (or book) is I will always without a doubt say the Access Series.

Just remember……. Tristan is a rock star. Rock stars don’t’ generally do vanilla. Please, go into this with an open mind. If you have the story mapped out in your head beforehand, I can guarantee you will be disappointed because Tristan and Lily relationship is NOT cookie cutter.

(oh, and I have to say Devised is the best band name EVER!!!)

4.25 STARS!!!!




Access All Areas (Access #1)
 AMAZON | B&N

Lily Taylor’s life has been transformed twice – once by the music she loves, and then by the chance to make a career following her passion – writing about the business. But when she gets the biggest break of her career so far, an interview with the infamous Tristan Hunter, a rock star with a talent for trouble, Lily isn’t sure what to expect. Even though she’s always admired him, Tristan has a reputation for being difficult...and demanding.
  
Yet Tristan turns out to be just as electrifying in person as he is on stage, and the powerful connection between them is undeniable. Now the fiercely independent Lily finds herself caught up in a whirlwind of sexual desire that forces her to question everything she believes – and she’ll have to decide just how far she is willing to go for the answers…


Access Restricted (Access #2)
 AMAZON | B&N

Tristan Hunter, rock star. Lily Taylor, rock journalist. Fasten your seat belts.

Lily Taylor has been reporting on the music scene for years now. But when she met Tristan Hunter, the devastatingly sexy rock star with a wild past, she wasn’t expecting the ride of her life.

Now she’s been told to follow Tristan on his comeback tour to London. With their careers under the spotlight, the stakes couldn’t be higher. Tristan has the chance to reclaim the top, and Lily has the story of her career. Interviewing the people who were there right at the start with Tristan means she might finally find out the truth behind all those dark rumors.

So far, they’ve managed to keep their passionate affair hidden. But there are some people who know – and don’t want to see them together. And with their own demons to fight, will love stand a chance? Or will the first stop on the tour be the last…


Alice Severin is the author of Access All Areas, Access Restricted, and the latest in the series, Access Unlimited.

She draws a great deal of inspiration from London, where she found like-minded people backstage and behind the scenes in the music business. She has been a delivery driver, a baker, a teacher, a copywriter, and a performance artist, among other things.

Alice Severin now lives in NYC and is sustained by loud music through headphones and messages from fans around the world.

Connect with Alice:

No comments:

 
DESIGN BY: THE BLOG DECORATOR