Rome (Marked Men #3) by Jay Crownover: Review









Rome (Marked Men #3)
Author: Jay Crownover
Genre: New Adult
Publication Date: January 7, 2014
Publisher: William Morrow an imprint of Harper Collins Publishing




Cora Lewis is a whole lot of fun, and she knows how to keep her tattooed bad boy friends in line. But all that flash and sass hide the fact that she’s never gotten over the way her first love broke her heart. Now she has a plan to make sure that never happens again: She’s only going to fall in love with someone perfect.
Rome Archer is as far from perfect as a man can be. He’s stubborn and rigid, he’s bossy and has come back from his final tour of duty fundamentally broken. Rome’s used to filling a role: big brother, doting son, super soldier; and now none of these fit anymore. Now he’s just a man trying to figure out what to do with the rest of his life while keeping the demons of war and loss at bay. He would have been glad to suffer it alone, until Cora comes sweeping into his life and becomes the only color on his bleak horizon.
Perfect isn't in the cards for these two, but imperfect might just last forever . . .


Purchase Links: 
 Amazon USAmazon UK Amazon CAB&NiTunes






As someone who has been a Marked Men fan since the beginning (seriously...I one-clicked Rule days after his release) I have to say Rome is the one I've been waiting for. There is just something about a tortured hero that makes the girly bits quiver. Now only does Jay write an amazingly sexy man, but I have to give her props on how she handles PTSD. An illness that sadly too many of our service members come home with. 

After leaving the military Rome is not sure what to do with himself. Spending so much of your life defined by what you do can be a real determent when you have to try and be anything else. And it can take you a few falls to realize that "Sometimes the wrong choice can be just right..."
As much as I've loved all of the women in these books I think Cora may be the woman on top. And seriously...her love for Rome can be seen by everyone. I mean seriously! How can you doubt a woman who would say:
"I saw Rome Archer as clearly as I saw my own face in the mirror. He was just simply the best of all the imperfect things I could have asked for."

*dies*

Not everything is sunshine and daises...and battles must be fought. Both physical and mental. As with the books before Jay gives you the punch in the gut that marks her books as pure awesomeness. Another thing I loved about this one is we really got to see Asa and all of his quirks :) 

Don't even get me started on the look we get at Rule and Shaw! One of the things I love about this series is that you get a glimpse at all of the past characters you've come to love! And they just make the story better. I can't wait to get in touch with Rowdy in the next Marked Men book! 




I’m supposed to share interesting details about myself so that my readers get to know me so here we go in no particular order: I’m an natural redhead even though I haven’t seen my real hair color in years, I’m a big fan of tattoos and have a half sleeve on either arm and various other pieces all over the place, I’ve been in the bar industry since I was in college and it has always offered interesting insight into how men and women interact with each other, I have 3 dogs that are all crazy, I live in Colorado and love the snow, I love music and in all reality wish I could be a rock star not a writer or a bartender but I have zero talent so there is that.
I love to write, love to read and all I’m interested in is a good story with interesting characters that make the reader feel something.









No comments:

 
DESIGN BY: THE BLOG DECORATOR