Catch My Fall by Ella Fox: Review




Mia Reeve’s faith, trust and sense of security were all taken away in the blink of an eye. In need of a fresh start, she settles into a new town and begins to make a new life.
Tristan Chamberlain has always kept girls at arms length and he has no intention of changing. He’s caring, smart, handsome, but he’s also dealing with a lifetime of guilt that’s slowly but surely destroying him.
Sometimes the thing that you run from is the one thing that will save you.
Separately, they’re both free-falling. Together, they’re about to find that love can create the strongest safety net of all.



Catch My Fall was a little bit different from the usual Ella Fox novel. The characters were a little younger, they were in college, and the focus strayed into a little darker area. None the less, it held the same gripping story telling that every book prior to this has led me to expect. That is why I am a die hard Ella Fox fan, and she is one of the authors that are auto one-clicks for me. 

The story is told from Mia’s point of view, which is kind of a draw back for me. I think it would have added so much more to have had Tristan’s point of view throughout the book as well, but we know there is a method to Ella’s writing, so I trust her. 

I adore the entire cast of characters, Darby, Mia’s roommate, who introduces her to Tristan, his twin brother Trace (who has a complicated past with Darby), and Macy, Mia’s best friend from back home, with whom she shares a devastating secret that threatens to tear her life apart. 

The most fun thing about Ella’s writing is the way she makes you feel like you are in Mia’s head, talking to your best friend, with quotes like this:

"My stomach was screaming “Don’t do it asshole!” as my hand reached into the bowl, but I got a small handful and put it in my mouth. With the first bite, I was in heaven.”

I don’t even need to mention the Friends references. I don’t know if college kids even know about Friends. But none the less, Ella makes you feel connected to Mia, in a way that you are right there with her, for her entire story. 

I think there is another storyline running simultaneously with Catch Me Fall, which Ella is a MASTER at doing. I hope I’m right. If so, I’ll be first in line to buy it.

I give Catch My Fall four stars! 




Ella Fox is a thirty-something (not that far off from forty) author who writes like a woman possessed whenever she gets the chance! She is the author of The Hart Family Series, The Renegade Saints Series and The Catch Series.
When she’s not writing, Ella indulges the gypsy in her blood and travels the country. Ella loves reading, movies, music, buying make-up, reading Tmz, Twitter and pedicures… not necessarily in that order. She has a wild sense of humor and loves to laugh. Her favorite thing in the world is hanging out with her family and watching comedy movies.


Ella's Twitter




No comments:

 
DESIGN BY: THE BLOG DECORATOR