Fragile Truths by DH Sidebottom & RM James: ARC Review


Title: Fragile Truths
Series: Shadows of Sin #1
Author: DH Sidebottom & RM James
Release Date:  March 31, 2014




To live is to suffer; to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering. Friedrich Nietzsche.

Frankie...

The bitterness is consuming. It's intensity slashes and claws at my insides, it's hatred wrenching my soul as it curls and nurtures my need for revenge.

HIS torture only feeds my vice. I won't let HIM break me, only strengthen me. The pain HE gives is welcomed, it's rawness fuelling the loathing inside with each of HIS thrashes and tears on my pale skin, with every harsh truth HE breathes in my ear and with each of HIS crippling holds.

I have waited too long for this and I'll never let the bastard win.
He will have to end me before I give in.
But now HE has a weapon against me. Something I swore throughout my life I would never let in;
Love.
Tate.

 Tate...

Her strength astounds me. HE doesn't seem to break her.
HIS relentless persecution and determination to bury her under his furious reign and brutality eats at my soul. It has found that dark place inside me, the pit of hell I had locked and secured away, and enriched it, demanded its flourish and ripened its ferocity. The family wrath.

She'll never give in, and I pray every night as I guide her through the darkness that tomorrow will bring the light to her soul before it is consumed, finally, by the plague of HIM.
Evil.
Jude.
  
Jude...

She blossoms under my torture, the soft suppleness of her skin ripping and tearing as though her soul is trying to break free from the agony.
I'll allow it, because I can. Because I need her soul. I crave the sustenance it feeds my rage with, my thirst for cruelty quenched by the sounds of her desolate screams and my hunger for blood, nourished by the slow drip of her life force at my feet.
She thinks I won't break her, so does he. They underestimate the blood that slithers through my veins. It's the blood that tenures those around me.
The bloodthirsty.
The Shadows of Sin


Revenge can be sweet but it can also be brutal. 

WARNING: Be prepared going into this. This is NOT for the faint of heart. It’s dark and brutal.

(I will tell you right now, I will not talk plot or storyline in this review. This story is so intricate that I feel knowing anything other than what the blurb gives you will spoil the experience. I can honestly say that I am so glad I had nothing other than the blurb and a few teasers to go on. This is a book best gone into blind.)

Since I had no clue what to expect going in…….. Wow……just WOW!! I was really caught off guard with this one……. My first thought when I turned the last page was “that was one of the best books I have ever read”. 

Fragile Truths is gritty, erotic, intense, sinister, beautiful, violent, brutal, and absolutely spellbinding. It’s a story of revenge, secrets, sacrifice, love, lies, and just how fragile the truth really is. This is one of the most heart pounding and punishing books I have ever read! This story is dripping with anticipation and intensity. It certainly wreaked havoc on my nerves, not to mention my emotions and heart. I was definitely caught up in the power and brutality of it all.

I picked this up because the blurb completely intrigued me, and I was dying to figure out the connection between the three – Frankie, Tate, and Jude. When you discover the context of this blurb, you will be surprised, astonished, and utterly appalled at the circumstances that bring them together. You will find that Frankie and Tate’s relationship is erotic under the most unexpected and horrific circumstances. 

This is an absolute page-turner! I could not put this down. I was reading with one eye open bracing for what was to come next. My nerves were on edge, and I was itching to jump to the end to know how it all played out. The suspense was literally killing me. It's anything but predictable. You can try figuring it out, but the fury with which the story unfolds will leave your head spinning and unable to think.

The storytelling is brilliant, and the authors paint such a vivid picture of everything that happens. They squeezed every last drop of emotion out of this story. It’s like I stepped into the middle of beautiful nightmare. 

This book will have you wanting your own revenge and crying out in frustration and utter disbelief. You will be aghast and surprised at what takes place. You will want to punch someone HARD. You will be elated and angry at the same time. The brutality is jaw-dropping. Never in a million years could I ever have imagined what takes place between these pages. It’s simply astounding and shocking.

I cannot say enough about how much I thoroughly enjoyed this. I am ecstatic that this is part of a series. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS!!! 

So what’s next???? Of course I had to ask the authors what the plan is for the rest of the series. I am elated to say the plan is to have 5 books total in the series. Each book will be based on a character introduced in Fragile Truths. The books will all be related but have their own story with no cliffhanger. Jude’s book will be next and hopefully be out around the July timeframe. 


5 STARS!!!






1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was excited for fragile truth before but now after reading your review I'm dying for the 31st March to come can't wait .

 
DESIGN BY: THE BLOG DECORATOR