Marked. Part I: The Missing Link by JM Sevilla: Review



Warning: This book contains violence, excessive language, and strong sexual content. It's intended to be read by mature audiences. 

Part one of a two part series. 

There are three things Lily Evans immediately notices about her new neighbor, Jay Lincoln. The first is his monstrous size, the second is the malicious way he glares at her, and thirdly, but most importantly, the three scars that mark his right eye. She knows the smart thing to do is stay away, but she has never met or seen anyone like him. The more time she spends with this frightening yet captivating man, the harder it becomes. He can make her hairs stand on end but he also has a sweetness to him that tugs at her heart. Soon she finds herself merged into his world full of murder, revenge, and deceit.




UNPUTDOWNABLE… INTENSE…. RIVETING…. EDGE OF YOUR SEAT SUSPENSE

WOW!!!!!! JUST…. WOW!!!!! What the hell was that? I’ll tell you what THAT is. THAT is the best book I have read all year!!!! 

You need to go buy this book NOW! Don’t write it down for later, don’t put it on your TBR, don’t say ok after the book I am reading….. GO. GRAB. IT. NOW! 

I have been on a roll lately choosing books and thoroughly enjoying them, but Marked is off the charts. I cannot fully describe how much I loved this book. This is so effing original and mind-blowingly impressive. JM Sevilla writes a story that temps you, pulls you in, then never lets you go. Even once the book ends, it will still have you in its clutches. 

I feel bad having only paid 99 cents for this work of shear brilliance that I’m almost embarrassed to admit what I paid for it. 99 cents buys you practically nothing these days. I can’t even ride the subway in Boston for what I paid for this book. Amazon needs to give you the option to pay additional money to an author as sort of a tip for great reading instead of great service. I gladly would have paid five times the price for this one. 

I have never been this off balance while reading a book. Yes I have been engrossed in a book before, but this was just crazy. I really hate the fact that this book renders you unable to keep track of time. And, the writing is just as hypnotic as the story and its characters. It is so engrossing it feels real when you are reading -- almost like you're living it. 

Holy crap does JM Sevilla create a captivating, mysterious, and sexy hero. I was utterly mesmerized by Jay. He definitely had my heart racing and butterflies in my stomach. And if you read Marked for nothing other than the first kiss…. then it was worth the price of admission. It was the most amazing first kiss ever! I’m telling you that was some serious hotness.

It’s been a long time since I’ve said this. I love love love the heroine, Lily. She's sweet but tough and kind of sassy not to mention funny. Jay and Lily make a great pair. JM Sevilla has created characters that are just so lovable. 

I don’t want to say much about the story or the plot because that is the best part of Marked.  Marked is like opening the best Christmas present EVER because it is something you never expected but everything you ever wanted. I am glad that when I picked this up there weren’t many reviews because having read it, I would have been very upset had I known anything more than what the synopsis revealed. So, I am NOT going to say anything about the storyline. Trust me, you’d hate me if I did. Do yourself a favor, don’t read too many reviews. This one is best gone into with just a little faith and a lot of anticipation. 

So, if you like bad ass, mysterious, and dangerous guys THIS IS DEFINITELY FOR YOU! Everything about this book is heart pounding from the action to the sex right down to the dialogue and interaction between Jay and Lily. This book is DEFINITELY my favorite read of 2013. 

Book 2 where are you and when can I expect you??? I have a place on my Kindle just waiting for you. Well, the author tells me we can expect more of Jay and Lily’s story around March 2014. Since Marked is the first book in the series, I know you’re thinking “is there a cliffhanger?” Yes and no. Yes, there’s more to the story, but I’m happy were Marked ended. To me it was the perfect spot. And, based on the story I am not one bit upset I need to wait for book 2. I don’t feel like the story could have ended in Marked. Jay and Lily’s story deserves to be told the right way and that warrants another book. 

This is one to READ. ENJOY. REPEAT. It’s definitely a one for my To Be Read AGAIN list!!!! Mark my words. JM Sevilla is a name you will want to remember.





 **** Purchase Marked. Part I:The Missing Link on Amazon ****




J.M. Sevilla lives in Northern California with her husband and two children. For as long as she can remember, stories and characters have played out in her head. She started writing her first novel, Beginnings, when Adam and Annie's story wouldn't leave her alone and demanded to be told. She's currently working hard on Marked. Part II: Becoming Noah Baxter.

Follow JM on:
Facebook

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Totally totally agree with you here! !!! I absolutely loved it and so cannot wait for part 2......

 
DESIGN BY: THE BLOG DECORATOR