Break In Two by MJ Summers: Review


Romantic. Witty. Sexy as hell. A story as satisfying as the perfect man - long and thick with all the right moves at just the right pace... 

Thirty-one year old Claire Hatley is running from Seattle having just discovered that her live-in boyfriend has traded her in for a twenty-two year old hostess. Devastated and alone Claire must make a fresh start. She answers an ad for a chef at a guest ranch just outside Colorado Springs and finds herself face to face with Cole Mitchell, quite possibly the sexiest man to ever ride a horse. Common sense tells them to stay away from each other, but their attraction is not to be denied. He gives her a glimpse of what love should be, but just as she starts to trust him, the past comes back to tear them apart.

Join Claire and Cole as they embark on the stormy love affair of a lifetime.


That is it!!  I am packing it up and moving to Colorado.  I need to find me a cowboy.   Cole is the panty-melting star of this book!  Giddy up!

The first thing I did when I turned the last page was to message this to one of my blog partners:  “I finished, and I have a HUGE smile on my face.”  I can’t get over just how much I enjoyed this book and how much it surprised me.  It was not what I was expecting at all, but more than I could have asked for. 

Usually it will take me a few chapters to get into a book.  It’s like I need to make friends with it or something.  But not with Break in Two!!  I was hooked from the beginning and in love by chapter 2.  I really didn't want to put it down.  I started this at night thinking I’d read just a few chapters and then looked down to realize that 3 hours flew by.  It certainly is a page turner! 

I really love MJ Summers’s writing style.  It's refreshingly smart.  The story is told in the third person and while I tend to favor those in the first person, I liked the story from this POV because of the way MJ Summers incorporated internal monologues for Claire and Cole.  I simply adore it; it’s quite witty and entertaining.  It's done very well and never used to the point where it becomes annoying – there was a nice balance.  MJ Summers is phenomenal at creating sexual tension and having the reader feel it.  She made me feel exactly what Claire and Cole were feeling.  It’s hard not to become attached to these characters.  And just when I was feeling a bit complacent in my relationship with Claire and Cole, thinking there has GOT to be more…..  Holy hell did I get the MORE I was looking for.  The MORE slapped me in the face and left me stunned.  MJ Summers throws some very nice curve balls into the mix. 

What I loved most about Cole and Claire's story is they acted like the ADULTS they are. No whining or immature bull crap and no chest-beating-leg-peeing alpha male insecurities… protective yes, leg peeing no.  I read every type of romance novel, even the ones that can make you uncomfortable, but sometimes I just need a straight up romance.  Break In Two is a straight up romance with SUPER HOT SEX!!!  It is chock full of heart melting romance, rock hard abs, and drool-worthy sexiness.  I swear my mouth was hanging open while I was reading the hawt hawt hawt sex scenes.   Cole registers off the HOT-o-meter.  But for all the hot sex, there really IS a great romantic and emotional story here so don't let all my talk of hot sex fool you.  It is full of witty banter and filled with enough angst to keep me teetering on the edge.  

It’s a great read that I definitely recommend.  It will have you laughing, tearing up, and hot under the collar.  A 4.25 star read for me!  


 **** Purchase Break In Two on Amazon ****

MJ Summers currently resides in Canada, not far from the Rocky Mountains, with her husband, three young children and their goofy dog. When she's not writing erotic novels she loves running, reading, going for dinner with her girlfriends, swimming, and camping with her family.

MJ Summers has arrived as a fresh new presence in the contemporary romance genre.  In her full length debut novel, Break In Two,  MJ serves up a romance so hot and spicy, you can taste it. 

Follow MJ on:


No comments:

 
DESIGN BY: THE BLOG DECORATOR