Sweet Destruction by Paige Weaver: Review



There’s a fine line between love and hate 
And they were about to cross it. 

My name is Samantha Ross and this is my life. 

I existed in a world that few know. Rundown trailers and crime-ridden streets were my home. Drugs and alcohol were the norm and happiness was the exception. I lived from day to day never knowing if I would have a roof over my head or food in my stomach. My life sucked. It took from me and gave nothing back. 

But there was one certainty in my life. A black smudge on my window of hell. 

Cole Walker. 

He was a criminal. A thief. He brought hell and damnation with him wherever he went. He hurt and destroyed. He took and gave nothing in return. He was heartache and despair wrapped up in a perfect gorgeous package. Fast cars and fast women were his hobbies. His vices. But he had many. 

I was one of them. 

I was his addiction and his craving. His enemy on this earth. I feared him. I hated him. I loved him even more. 

He would either be my destruction or my salvation… 

Maybe even both. 

Full length, Standalone, New Adult Contemporary Romance novel. 
Recommended for Age 18+


I discovered Paige Weaver a while ago right after she released Promise Me Darkness...at the time I wished it had taken me longer because I had to wait for Promise Me Light (which is one of my favorite books EVER). Off subject, even if you're not into dystopian books these are worth the read. :) But back to the matter at hand. When I heard that Paige had written a contempory romance I jumped at the chance to read it. She is one of those authors who will keep you up at night because it is so hard to put down the book. I may have had a few instances of dropping my kindle because I wasn't able to keep my eyes open any longer. 
Sam is born on the wrong side of the tracks and has a very hard life. But that life turns her into a woman who held to her beliefs and had a strong family value. It's always great to find a heroine who is not a simpering moron waiting for a man to save her. Though if I needed to be saved I would request Cole! He is sex on a stick wrapped in a bad boy package! Though they can be enemies Cole had no issues stepping up for Sam when needed...

"You touch her and you won't be able to drink enough alcohol to take away the pain I'll cause you." 

The story is well told and the pacing is perfect, just the right amount of angst. If you need a great book to read then I highly recommend Sweet Destruction. You'll gladly join me in crossing our fingers that Paige will let us have another story told in this world...preferably with more Bent in it! <3 


Buy Book Here
Amazon US :: Amazon CA :: Amazon UK :: Amazon AU 
:: Barnes & Noble ::  Goodreads :: KOBO :: 






Paige Weaver’s first passion has always been reading. Many hours of her childhood were spent getting lost between the pages of a book, disappearing into other worlds. That turned into a love for writing at a young age. Her first book, Promise Me Darkness, became a New York Times and USA Today bestseller quickly after being released.

Paige lives in Texas with her husband and two children. When she's not writing or reading, you can find her chasing her kids around and living her very own happily ever-after.

Contact Author Here
Facebook :: Twitter :: Goodreads ::  Blog  :: Amazon US



No comments:

 
DESIGN BY: THE BLOG DECORATOR